Enhancement of Squeezing and Entanglement in a Non-Degenerate Three-Level Cascade Laser with Coherently Driven Cavity
We study a nondegenerate three-level cascade laser coupled to a two-mode vacuum reservoir, by employing the stochastic differential equations associated with the normal ordering. The amplification of the properties of squeezing and entanglement of the cavity light is investigated. We have found that there is an entanglement between the states of the light generated in the cavity, due to the strong correlation of the light emitted, when the atom decays from the top level to the bottom level via the intermediate one. We have also obtained that the two cavity modes are strongly entangled, and the degree of entanglement is directly related to the two-mode squeezing.
- J.M. Liu, B.S. Shi, X.F. Fan, J.Li, G.C. Guo. Wigner function description of continuous variable entanglement swapping. J. Opt. B: Quant. Semiclass. Opt. 3, 189 (2001).
- S.L. Braunstein, H.J. Kimble. Dense coding for continuous variables. Phys. Rev. A 61, 42302 (2000).
- S. Lloyd, S.L. Braunstein. Quantum computation over continuous variables. Phys. Rev. Lett. 82, 1784 (1999).
- S. L Braunstein. Quantum error correction for communication with linear optics. Nature 394, 47 (1998).
- T.C. Ralph. Continuous variable quantum cryptography. Phys. Rev. A 61, 010302 (2000).
- M.O. Scully, K. Wodkiewicz, M.S. Zubairy, J. Bergou, N. Lu, J. Meyer ter Vehn. Two-photon correlated-spontaneous-emission laser: Quantum noise quenching and squeezing Phys. Rev. Lett. 60, 1832 (1988).
- K. Fesseha. Three-level laser dynamics with squeezed light. Phys. Rev. A 63, 033811 (2001).
- N. Lu, F.X. Zhao, J. Bergou. Nonlinear theory of a two-photon correlated-spontaneous-emission laser: A coherently pumped two-level-two-photon laser. Phys. Rev. A 39, 5189 (1989).
- N. Lu, S.Y. Zhu. Quantum theory of two-photon correlated-spontaneous-emission lasers: Exact atom-field interaction Hamiltonian approach. Phys. Rev. A 40, 5735 (1989).
- C.A. Blockley, D.F. Walls. Intensity fluctuations in a frequency down-conversion process with three-level atoms Phys. Rev. A 43, 5049 (1991).
- N.A. Ansari, J. Gea-Banacloche, M.S. Zubairy. Phase-sensitive amplification in a three-level atomic system. Phys. Rev. A 41, 5179 (1990).
- N.A. Ansari. Effect of atomic coherence on the second-and higher-order squeezing in a two-photon three-level cascade atomic system. Phys. Rev. A 48, 4686 (1993).
- J. Anwar, M.S. Zubairy. Quantum-statistical properties of noise in a phase-sensitive linear amplifier. Phys. Rev. A 49, 481 (1994).
- N.A. Ansari. Theory of a two-mode phase-sensitive amplifier. Phys. Rev. A 46, 1560 (1992).
- H. Xiong, M.O. Scully, M.S. Zubairy. Correlated spontaneous emission laser as an entanglement amplifier. Phys. Rev. Lett. 94, 023601 (2005).
- C.M. Caves, B.L. Schumaker. New formalism for two-photon quantum optics. I. Quadrature phases and squeezed states. Phys. Rev. A 31, 3068 (1985).
- C.J. Villas-Boas, M.H.Y. Moussa. One-step generation of high-quality squeezed and EPR states in cavity QED. Eur. Phys. J. D 32, 147 (2005).
- A. Einstein, B. Podolsky, R. Rosen. Can quantum-mechanical description of physical reality be considered complete? Phys. Rev. 47, 777 (1935).
- L.M. Duan, G. Giedke, J.I. Cirac, P. Zoller. Inseparability criterion for continuous variable systems. Phys. Rev. Lett. 84, 2722 (2000).
- S. Tesfa. Entanglement amplification in a nondegenerate three-level cascade laser. Phys. Rev. A 74, 043816 (2006).
- M.O. Scully, M.S. Zubairy. Quantum Optics (Cambridge Univ. Press, 1997).