Electrophysical Characteristics of Near-Surface Layers in p-Si Crystals with Sputtered Al Films and Subjected to Elastic Deformation
The deposition of Al film onto the (111) surface of a p-Si crystal was shown to induce a deformation in the near-surface layer of the latter. Provided that the crystal strain is elastic and uniaxial, the gettering of defects in the near-surface layer is observed, which is confirmed by a change in the dependence of the specimen resistance on the elastic strain magnitude. The maximum depth of the defect capture has been calculated on the basis of the energy of interaction between the deformed layer and dislocations.
- R. Chau, S. Datta, M. Doczy et al., IEEE Electr. Dev. Lett. 25, 408 (2004).
- O.M. Kanunnikova, V.I. Kozhevnikov, and O.Yu. Goncharov, Khim. Fiz. Mezoskop. 10, 63 (2008).
- P.N. Krylov, Vestn. Udmurt. Univ. 4, 125 (2006).
- B.V. Pavlyk, R.I. Didyk, D.P. Slobodzyan et al., Fiz. Khim. Tverd. Tila 10, 783 (2009).
- V.N. Vigdorovich, A.E. Vol'pyan, and G.M. Kurdyumov, Directional Crystallization and Physico-Chemical Analysis (Moscow, Khimiya, 1976) (in Russian).
- Ch. Kittel, Introduction to Solid State Physics (Wiley, New York, 1995).
- G.I. Epifanov, Solid State Physics (Vysshaya Shkola, Moscow, 1980) (in Russian).
- V.G. Kotlyar, A.A. Saranin, A.V. Zotov et al., Vestn. Dalne-Vost. Otdel. RAN 1, 103 (2005).
- L.D. Landau and E.M. Lifshitz, Theory of Elasticity (Pergamon Press, New York, 1959).
- B.V. Pavlyk, R.I. Didyk, Y.A. Shykorjak et al., Teor. Elektrotekhn. 61, 164 (2010).