Magnetic Dynamics of a Multiferroic with an Antiferromagnetic Layer
Shape effects in magnetic particles are widely studied, because of the ability of the shape and the size to control the parameters of a sample during its production. Experiments with nano-sized samples show that the shape can affect also the properties of antiferromagnetic (AFM) materials. However, the theoretical interpretation of these effects is under discussion. A model to study the shape-induced effects in AFM particles at the AFM resonance frequency is proposed. The Lagrange function method is used to calculate the spectrum of resonance oscillations of the AFM vector in a synthetic multiferroic (piezoelectric + antiferromagnet). The influence of the specimen shape on the AFM resonance frequency in the presence of an external magnetic field is studied. Conditions for a resonance under the action of an external force or for a parametric resonance to arise in the magnetic subsystem are considered.
- R.P. Cowburn, J. Phys. D: Appl. Phys. 33, R1 (2000). https://doi.org/10.1088/0022-3727/33/1/201
- E.Y. Vedmedenko, H.P. Oepen, and J. Kirschner, J. Magn. Magn. Mater. 256, 237 (2003). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0304-8853(02)00506-1
- Yi Li, Yiran Lu, and W.E. Bailey, J. Appl. Phys. 113, 17B506 (2013). https://doi.org/10.1063/1.4794876
- E. Folven, T. Tybell, A. Scholl, A. Young, S.T. Retterer, Y. Takamura, and J.K. Grepstad, Nano Lett. 10, 4578 (2010). https://doi.org/10.1021/nl1025908
- E. Folven, A. Scholl, A. Young, S.T. Retterer, J.E. Boschker, T. Tybell, Y. Takamura, and J.K. Grepstad, Phys. Rev. B 84, 220410 (2011). https://doi.org/10.1103/PhysRevB.84.220410
- E. Folven, A. Scholl, A. Young, S.T. Retterer, J.E. Boschker, T. Tybell, Y. Takamura, and J.K. Grepstad, Nano Lett. 12, 2386 (2012). https://doi.org/10.1021/nl300361e
- A.S. Davydov, Theory of Molecular Excitons (Plenum Press, New York, 1971). https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4899-5169-4
- H.V. Gomonay and V.M. Loktev, Phys. Rev. B 75, 174439 (2007). https://doi.org/10.1103/PhysRevB.75.174439
- H.V. Gomonay, E.G. Kornienko, and V.M. Loktev, Ukr. J. Phys. 50, 816 (2005).
- E.A. Turov, A.V. Kolchanov, V.V. Menshenin, I.F. Mirsaev, and V.V. Nikolaev, Symmetry and Physical Properties of Antiferromagnets (Fizmatlit, Moscow, 2001) (in Russian).
- S.V. Kondovych and H.V. Gomonay, Visn. Lviv. Univ. Ser. Fiz. 47, 159 (2012).
- P. de V. Du Plessis, S.J. van Tonder, and L. Alberts, J. Phys. C 4, 1983 (1971).
- P. de V. Du Plessis, S.J. van Tonder, and L. Alberts, J. Phys. C 4, 2565 (1971).
- M.T. Hutchings and E.J. Samuelsen, Phys. Rev. B 6, 3447 (1972). https://doi.org/10.1103/PhysRevB.6.3447
- L.D. Landau and E.M. Lifshitz, Mechanics (ButterworthHeinemann, Oxford, 2001).