Cascade Injection Photodetector for the 500–650-nm Spectral Range on the Basis of Solid Solutions of A2B6 Compounds
The parameters of film injection photodetectors (FIPDs) created on the basis of solid solutions of A2B6 compounds for a spectral range of 500–650 nm have been studied. The sensitive region of FIPDs is formed as a sandwich from films with different composition contents and different energy gap widths. The mechanism of FIPD functioning is based on the selective absorption of radiation by films and its conversion into an electric signal. FIPDs are characterized by an internal enhancement of a photocurrent and can efficiently register weak optical signals at illuminances E < 1 lux and the temperature T = 300 K. The integral sensitivity of FIPDs is Sint = 75 A/lm (= 8x10^3 A/W)
- I.M. Vikulin, Sh.D. Kurmashev, and V.I. Stafeev, Fiz. Tekh. Poluprovodn. 42, 113 (2008).
- Sh.A. Mirsagatov and A.K. Uteniyazov, Pis'ma Zh. Tekhn. Fiz. 38, No. 1, 70 (2012).
- N.V. Parol and S.A. Kaidalov, Photosensitive Devices and Their Application (Radio i Svyaz, Moscow, 1991) (in Russian).
- Semiconductors and Semimetals. Vol. 3. Optical Properties of III-V Compounds, edited by R.K. Willardson and A.C. Beer (Academic Press, New York, 1967).
- E.B. Zaveryukhina, and B.N. Zaveryukhin, N.N. Zaveryukhina, Pis'ma Zh. Tekhn. Fiz. 33, No. 9, 1 (2007).
- Sh.A. Alimov, V.V. Losev, B.M. Orlov, and V.I. Stafeev, Fiz. Tekh. Poluprovodn. 10, 1830 (1976).
- K. Zanio, Semiconductors and Semimetals (Academic Press, New York, 1978).
- S.M. Sze, Physics of Semiconductor Devices (Wiley, New York, 1981).
- S.E. Frish, Optical Measurement Methods. Part 1: Light Flux and Its Measurement; Light Sources (Leningrad University Publ. House, Leningrad, 1976) (in Russian).
- A. Ambroziak, Konstrukcja i Technologia Przyrzadow Fotoelektrycznych (Wyd. Nauk.-Techn., Warszawa, 1967).