Magnetic Field of Cosmic Strings in the Early Universe
Cosmic strings are topological defects which can be formed as a result of phase transitions with a spontaneous symmetry breaking in the early Universe. The possibility of the generation of a magnetic field around a cosmic string on the Grand Unification energy scale (GUT scale) in the early Universe immediately after the termination of the deconfinement-confinement phase transition has been analyzed. It is found that a circular current and a magnetic field directed along the string are induced around the string in the vacuum of a pseudoscalar matter consisting of charged pions. We also have studied the interaction between the magnetic flux tube surrounding the string (the string magnetosphere) and the cosmic plasma in the early Universe. A possibility of magnetization of the cosmic plasma surrounding the string owing to its interaction with the string magnetic field has been analyzed.
- B. Kampfer, Ann. Phys. (Leipzig) 9, 605, (2000). https://doi.org/10.1002/1521-3889(200009)9:8<605::AID-ANDP605>3.0.CO;2-6
- J. Rocher, R. Jeannerot, and M. Sakellariadou, in Proceedings of the 39-th Rencontres de Moriond (La Thuile, 2004).
- S. Weinberg, Phys. Rev. D 9, 3357 (1974). https://doi.org/10.1103/PhysRevD.9.3357
- T.W.B. Kibble, J. Phys. A 9, 1387 (1976). https://doi.org/10.1088/0305-4470/9/8/029
- A. Vilenkin and E.P.S. Shellard, Cosmic Strings and Other Topological Defects (Cambridge Univ. Press, Cambridge, 1994).
- A. Vilenkin, in Inflating Horizons of Particle Astrophysics and Cosmology, edited by H. Suzuki, J. Yokoyama, Y. Suto, and K. Sato (Universal Academy Press, Tokyo, 2006).
- S. Schettler, T. Boeckel, and J. Schaffner-Bielich, Prog. Part. Nucl. Phys. 66, 266 (2011). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ppnp.2011.01.017
- W-Y.P. Hwang and S.P. Kim, arXiv:astro-ph/1110.1448v1.
- J.P. Ostriker, C. Thompson, and E. Witten, Phys. Lett. 180, 231 (1986). https://doi.org/10.1016/0370-2693(86)90301-1
- E. Chudnovsky, G. Field, D. Spergel, and A. Vilenkin, Phys. Rev. D 34, 4944, (1986). https://doi.org/10.1103/PhysRevD.34.944
- L.V. Zadorozhna and B.I. Hnatyk, Ukr. J. Phys. 54, 1044 (2009).
- L.V. Zadorozhna and B.I. Hnatyk, Ukr. J. Phys. 54, 1149 (2009).
- Yu.A. Sitenko and N.D. Vlasii, Classical Quant. Grav. 26, 195009 (2009). https://doi.org/10.1088/0264-9381/26/19/195009
- Yu.A. Sitenko and A.Yu. Babansky, Mod. Phys. Lett. A 13, 379 (1998). https://doi.org/10.1142/S0217732398000437
- Yu.A. Sitenko and A.Yu. Babansky, Yad. Fiz. 61, 1706 (1998).
- K. Nakamura et al., Particle Physics Booklet (2010) [http://pdg.lbl.gov/].
- D.S. Gorbunov and V.A. Rubakov, Introduction to the Theory of the Early Universe. Hot Big Bang Theory (World Scientific, Singapore, 2011).
- A. Kandus, K.E. Kunze, and Ch.G. Tsagas, Phys. Rep. 505, 1 (2011). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.physrep.2011.03.001