Investigations of the Deep-Level Parameters in Semiconductors
We propose to use methods involving a deformation for the determination of deep-level parameters in semiconductors. The methods are based on the measurement of strain parameters of compensated and overcompensated semiconductors. The dynamic changes of the current flow in compensated and overcompensated samples of the p-type Si : Ni and n-type Si : Mn under a uniform pulse hydrostatic compression (UHC) are investigated. It is observed that, in the p-type Si : Ni samples the, ionization energy level of Ni increases at UHC. On the contrary, it decreases in samples of the n-type Si : Mn. The ionization energy and the baric coefficient of shift of Ni and Mn levels are bounded.
- A. Abduraimov, M.K. Bakhadyrkhanov, A.A. Tursunov, X.M. Iliev. Piezo and Hall – effect in p-Si ⟨Mn⟩ uniaxial elastic deformation. Physics and techniques of semiconductors. Phys. and Techn. of Semiconductors 19, 2052 (1985) (in Russian).
- L.P. Pavlov. Methods of Measurement of Parameters of Semiconducting Materials (Visshaya shkola, 1987) (in Russian).
- B.I. Boltaks, M.K. Bakhadyrkhanov, S.M. Garodersky, G.S. Kulikov. Compensation of Silicon (Nauka, 1972) (in Russian).
- A. Abduraimov, S.Z. Zainabidinov, O.O. Mamatkarimov, O. Khimmatkulov, T.Y. Khudaiberdenov. Installation of hydrostatic pressure with a air booster for the study of strain properties of semiconductor materials. Instrum. and Techn. Exper. 4, 229 (1992) (in Russian).
- B.L. Bonch-Bruevich, S.G. Kalashnikov. Physics of Semiconductors (Nauka, 1990) (in Russian).
- A.L. Polyakova. The Deformation of Semiconductors and Semiconductor Instruments (Energia, 1979) (in Russian).