Temperature Dependence of the Bulk Elasticity Modulus of Aliphatic Alcohols and Their Fluorinated Analogs
The density of some fluorinated and non-fluorinated normal monoatomic alcohols and the sound propagation velocity in them have been studied experimentally in a temperature interval of 293–363 K. The bulk modulus of elasticity is calculated, and its relation with the intermolecular interaction energy is analyzed. The energy of intermolecular interaction in fluorinated alcohols is shown to be lower than in their non-fluorinated analogs. The substitution of hydrogen atoms by fluorine ones in the molecules of aliphatic alcohols increases the equilibrium distance between the molecules.
- L.M. Yagupolskii, Aromatic and Heterocyclic Compounds with Fluor-Containing Substituents (Naukova Dumka, 1988) (in Russian).
- W.A. Sheppard, C.M. Sharts. Organic Fluorine Chemistry (Benjamin, 1969).
- Synthesis of Organofluorine Compounds. Monomers and Intermediate Products. Edited by I.L. Knunyants, G.G. Yacobs (Khimiya, 1977) (in Russian).
- L.A. Bulavin, A.M. Getalo, O.P. Rudenko, O.V. Khorolskyi. Influence of fluorination on the physical properties of normal aliphatic alcohols. Ukr. J. Phys. 60, 428 (2015).
- O.P. Rudenko, V.S. Sperkach. Experimental Methods for Determining Sound Absorption in Liquids: Methodical Recommendations for Students of Physical Specialties of Pedagogical Universities (Poltava, 1992) (in Ukrainian).
- A.P. Rudenko, A.Z. Golik, P.F. Cholpan. Study of viscoelastic properties of fluorine derivatives of benzene along the liquid-vapor equilibrium line. In Proc. of the 1st All-Union Symposium on Acoustic Spectroscopy (TGPI, 1976), Vol. 1, p. 50 (in Russian).
- S. Gleston, K.J. Laider, H. Eyring. The Theory of Absolute Rate Processes (McGraw-Hill, 1941).
- I.I. Adamenko, L.A. Bulavin, Physics of Fluids and Liquid Systems (ASMI, 2006) (in Ukrainian).
- L.K. Nash. Trouton and T-H-E rule. J. Chem. Educ. 61, 981 (1984).
- D. Sravana Kumar, D. Krishna Rao. Study of molecular interactions and ultrasonic velocity in mixtures of some alkanols with aqueous propylene glycol. Indian J. Pure Appl. Phys. 45, 210 (2007) [ISSN: 0019-5596].
- A.F. Skryshevskii. Structural Analysis of Liquids and Amorphous Bodies (Vysshaya Shkola, 1980) (in Russian).
- P. Morgado, A.R. Garcia, L.M. Ilharco, J. Marcos, M. Anast’acio, L.F.G. Martins, E.J.M. Filipe. Liquid mixtures involving hydrogenated and fluorinated alcohols: thermodynamics, spectroscopy, and simulation. J. Phys. Chem.B 120, 10091 (2016).