The Spectra of X-ray and Photoluminescence of High-Resistance Crystals of ZnSe
The luminescence spectra of high-resistance ZnSe crystals consist of two main bands with maxima at 630 nm (1.92 eV) and 970 nm (1.28 eV). The planned comparison has been carried out between the spectra of X-ray luminescence and photoluminescence of ZnSe among themselves in the spectral region from 400 to 1200 nm at different excitation intensities and different temperatures (8, 85, 295, and 420 K). It is found that the forms of luminescence bands do not depend on the excitation intensities. The band form with a maximum at 970 nm also does not depend on the excitation type, and the band at 630 nm differs slightly under the X-ray and UV excitations. The temperature dependences of the spectral positions of bands’ maxima and their half-widths are analyzed. A conclusion is drawn that the 970-nm emission band is elementary. A short-wavelength shift of the spectral maximum of the 630-nm band with increasing the temperature makes it possible to conclude that this luminescence band is non-elementary. This correlates with the previously discovered feature of this band related to the realization of two recombination mechanisms (electron and hole) at this luminescent center.
- V. Ryzhikov, N. Starzhinskiy, K. Katrunov, L. Gal'chinetskii. Absolute light yield of ZnSe(Te) and ZnSe(Te,O). Functional Materials 9 (1), 135 (2002).
- A.O. Sofiienko, V.Ya. Degoda. X-ray induced conductivity of ZnSe sensors at high temperatures. Radiation Measurements 47 (1), 27 (2012).
- M.S. Brodin, V.Ya. Degoda, B.V. Kozhushko, A.O. Sofiienko, V.T. Vesna. Monocrystalline ZnSe as an ionising radiation detector operated over a wide temperature range. Radiation Measurements 65, 36 (2014).
- V.D. Ryzhikov et al. New semiconductor scintillators ZnSe(Te,O) and integrated radiation detectors based thereon. IEEE Trans. Nucl. Sci. 48 (1), 356 (2001).
- V.M. Koshkin, A.Ya. Dulfan, V.D. Ryzhikov et al. Thermodynamics of isovalent tellurium substitution for selenium in ZnSe semiconductors. J. Functional materials 8 (4), 708 (2001).
- G. Watkins. Defects of Lattice in Compounds A2B6. In: Point Defects of Lattice (Mir, 1979), p. 1150 (in Russian).
- L.V. Atroschenko, L.P. Gal'chinetskii, S.N. Galkin et al. Structure defects and phase transition in tellurium-doped ZnSe crystals. J. Cryst. Growth 197, 475 (1999).
- N.K. Morozova, I.A. Karetnikov, V.V. Blinov, E.M. Gavrishchuk. A study of luminescence centers related to copper and oxygen in ZnSe. Semiconductors 35 (1) 24 (2001).
- N.K. Morozova, I.A. Karetnikov, V.V. Blinov, E.M. Gavrishchuk. Studies of the infrared luminescence of ZnSe doped with copper and oxygen. Semiconductors 35 (5) 512 (2001).
- K.K. Rebane. Elementary Theory of the Vibrational Structure of Spectra of Admixture Centers in Crystals (Nauka, 1968) (in Russian).
- A.F. Lubchenko. Quantum Transitions in Admixture Centers in Solids (Naukova Dumka, 1978) (in Russian).
- V.E. Lashkarev, A.V. Lyubchenko, M. Sheinkman. Nonequilibrium Processes in Photoconductors (Naukova Dumka, 1981) (in Russian).
- I.Ya. Gorodetskii, K.K. Dubenskii, V.E. Lashkarev et al. Determination of parameters of recombination centers in ZnSe monocrystals. Fiz. Tekhn. Polupr. 1 (11), 1666 (1967).
- V.Ya. Degoda, N.Yu. Pavlova, G.P. Podust, A.O. Sofiienko. Spectral structure of the X-ray stimulated phosphorescence of monocrystalline ZnSe. Physica B: Condensed Matter. 465, 1 (2015).
- M. Alizadeh, V.Ya. Degoda, B.V. Kozhushko, N.Yu. Pavlova. Luminescence of dipole-centers in ZnSe crystals. Functional Materials 24 (2), 206 (2017).