Electron-Impact Excitation of 51S – 51Po Resonance Transition in Sr Atom
Main aspects of a new version of the B-spline R-matrix (BSR) method, in which nonorthogonal orbitals are applied, have been described. The BSR approximation is used to calculate the resonance structure of integral cross-sections of the 51S - 51Po transition at the electron scattering by a strontium atom in the energy interval up to 10 eV. The multiconfiguration Hartree–Fock method with a nonorthogonal set of orbitals is employed to accurately represent the target wave functions. The close-coupling expansion included 31 bound states of a neutral strontium atom ranging from the ground state to the 5s5f 1Fo one. The calculated cross-sections are in good agreement with available experimental data and can be exhaustively interpreted. The structure of a resonance feature in the e-Sr scattering cross-sections at about 4 eV is discussed.
2. O. Zatsarinny, K. Bartschat, L. Bandurina, S. Gedeon. Electron-impact excitation of calcium. J. Phys. B 40, 4023 (2007).
3. O. Zatsarinny, K. Bartschat, S. Gedeon, V. Gedeon, V. Lazur, E. Nagy. Cross sections for electron scattering from magnesium. Phys. Rev. A 79, 052709 (2009).
4. E.A. Nady. Cross-sections of electron scattering by Sr atom. Nauk. Visn. Uzhgorod. Nats. Univ. Ser. Fiz. 25, 148 (2009) (in Ukrainian).
5. V. Gedeon, S. Gedeon, V. Lazur, E. Nagy, O. Zatsarinny, K. Bartschat. Electron scattering from silicon. Phys. Rev. A 85, 022711 (2012).
6. V. Gedeon, S. Gedeon, V. Lazur, E. Nagy, O. Zatsarinny, K. Bartschat. B-spline R-matrix-with-pseudostates calculations for electron-impact excitation and ionization of fluorine. Phys. Rev. A 89, 052713 (2014).
7. V. Gedeon, S. Gedeon, V. Lazur, E. Nagy, O. Zatsarinny, K. Bartschat. B-spline R-matrix-with-pseudostates calculations for electron collisions with aluminum. Phys. Rev. A 92, 052701 (2015).
8. L.O. Bandurina, S.V. Gedeon. Investigation of the concentration of electrons of plasma of glow-discharge above surface of aqueous solution of sulfate of aluminium. Uzhhorod Univ. Sci. Herald. Ser. Phys. 37, 49 (2015).
9. O. Zatsarinny. BSR: B-spline atomic R-matrix codes. Comput. Phys. Commun. 174, 273 (2006).
10. P.G. Burke, W.D. Robb. The R-matrix theory of atomic processes. Adv. At. Mol. Opt. Phys. 11, 143 (1976).
11. V.P. Starodub, I.S. Aleksakhin, I.I. Garga, I.P. Zapesochnyi. Opt. Spectrosc. 35, 1037 (1973).
12. I.S. Aleksakhin, I.I. Garga, I.P. Zapesochnyi, V.P. Starodub. Opt. Spectrosc. 37, 20 (1974).
13. S.T. Chen, D. Leep, A. Gallagher. Excitation of the Sr and Sr+ resonance lines by electron impact on Sr atoms. Phys. Rev. A 13, 947 (1976).
14. S.M. Kazakov, N.I. Romanyuk, O.V. Khristoforov, O.B. Shpenik. Resonance effects observed under the interaction between slow-electrons and strontium atoms. Opt. Spectrosc. 59, 22 (1985).
15. C. Froese-Fischer. The MCHF atomic-structure package. Comput. Phys. Commun. 64, 369 (1991).
16. C. Froese-Fischer, T. Brage, O. Jonsson. Computational Atomic Structure. An MCHF Approach (CRC Press, 1997).
17. O. Zatsarinny, C. Froese-Fischer. Oscillator strengths for transitions to high-lying excited states of carbon. J. Phys. B 35, 4669 (2002).
18. C.E. Moore. Atomic Energy Levels as Derived from the Analysis of Optical Spectra. National Bureau of Standards Circular 467. Vol. III (US Government Printing Office, 1958).
19. V. Gedeon, V. Lengyel, O. Zatsarinny, C.A. Kocher. Calculation of electron-impact excitation from metastable states of the Sr atom. Phys. Rev. A 56, 3753 (1997).
20. I.I. Fabrikant. Collisions of slow electrons with atoms of alkaline elements. In Atomic Processes, edited by R.K. Peterkop (Zinatne, 1975), p. 80 (in Russian).
21. R. Szmytkowski, J.E. Sienkiewicz. Elastic scattering of electrons by strontium and barium atoms. Phys. Rev. A 50, 4007 (1994).
22. J. Yuan. The resonance structures of electron interaction with Sr and Ba atoms: low-energy electron scattering and photodetachment of the negative ions. J. Phys. B. 36, 2053 (2003).
23. M. Adibzadeh, C.E. Theodosiou. Elastic electron scattering from Ba and Sr. Phys. Rev. A 70, 052704 (2004).
24. V.M. Burke, C.J. Noble. Farm – A flexible asymptotic Rmatrix package. Comput. Phys. Commun. 85, 471 (1995).
25. O.I. Zatsarinnyi, L.A. Bandurina, V.F. Gedeon. Resonances in electron-impact integral excitation cross sections of the magnesium atom. Opt. Spectrosc. 95, 167 (2003).
License to Publish the Paper
The corresponding author and the co-authors (hereon referred to as the Author(s)) of the paper being submitted to the Ukrainian Journal of Physics (hereon referred to as the Paper) from one side and the Bogolyubov Institute for Theoretical Physics, National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, represented by its Director (hereon referred to as the Publisher) from the other side have come to the following Agreement:
1. Subject of the Agreement.
The Author(s) grant(s) the Publisher the free non-exclusive right to use the Paper (of scientific, technical, or any other content) according to the terms and conditions defined by this Agreement.
2. The ways of using the Paper.
2.1. The Author(s) grant(s) the Publisher the right to use the Paper as follows.
2.1.1. To publish the Paper in the Ukrainian Journal of Physics (hereon referred to as the Journal) in original language and translated into English (the copy of the Paper approved by the Author(s) and the Publisher and accepted for publication is a constitutive part of this License Agreement).
2.1.2. To edit, adapt, and correct the Paper by approval of the Author(s).
2.1.3. To translate the Paper in the case when the Paper is written in a language different from that adopted in the Journal.
2.2. If the Author(s) has(ve) an intent to use the Paper in any other way, e.g., to publish the translated version of the Paper (except for the case defined by Section 2.1.3 of this Agreement), to post the full Paper or any its part on the web, to publish the Paper in any other editions, to include the Paper or any its part in other collections, anthologies, encyclopaedias, etc., the Author(s) should get a written permission from the Publisher.
3. License territory.
The Author(s) grant(s) the Publisher the right to use the Paper as regulated by sections 2.1.1–2.1.3 of this Agreement on the territory of Ukraine and to distribute the Paper as indispensable part of the Journal on the territory of Ukraine and other countries by means of subscription, sales, and free transfer to a third party.
4.1. This Agreement is valid starting from the date of signature and acts for the entire period of the existence of the Journal.
5.1. The Author(s) warrant(s) the Publisher that:
– he/she is the true author (co-author) of the Paper;
– copyright on the Paper was not transferred to any other party;
– the Paper has never been published before and will not be published in any other media before it is published by the Publisher (see also section 2.2);
– the Author(s) do(es) not violate any intellectual property right of other parties. If the Paper includes some materials of other parties, except for citations whose length is regulated by the scientific, informational, or critical character of the Paper, the use of such materials is in compliance with the regulations of the international law and the law of Ukraine.
6. Requisites and signatures of the Parties.
Publisher: Bogolyubov Institute for Theoretical Physics, National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine.
Address: Ukraine, Kyiv, Metrolohichna Str. 14-b.
Author: Electronic signature on behalf and with endorsement of all co-authors.