Total and Differential Cross-Sections of 16O(γ,n)3Heα8Be0 Reaction
The 16O(g,n)3He3a-reaction was investigated with the aid of the diffusion camera placed in the magnetic field and irradiated with a beam of bremsstrahlung g-quanta with an endpoint energy of 150 MeV. In to the curve of excitation of the system of 2a‑particles the resonance, identified as the ground state of the nucleus 8Be, were observed. The partial channels of production of these state (16O(g,n)3Hea8Ве0) were isolated and kinematical parameters of g-quantum and neutron were calculated. The absolute total cross-section of the partial channels in the energy interval from the threshold up to 120 MeV was measured. It has been established that the reaction is of a successive type: at first, the neutron is knocked out, and the residual nucleus 15О is in the excited state. The differential cross sections 16O(g,n)3Hea8Ве0-reaction has been measured and the dependence of the asymmetry coefficient distributions of the g-quantum energy and the excitation energy of the compound nucleus at the first intermediate stage of decomposition. The results are explained by the quantum interaction with a quasideuterons model.
- H. Hebach, A. Wortberg, M. Gari. Photonuclear reactions at intermediate energies. Nucl. Phys. A 267, 425 (1976).
- K.Mori, P.D.Harty, Y. Fujii, O.Konno, K.Maeda, I.Nomura, G.J.O'Keefe, J.Ryckebusch, T. Suda, T.Terasawa,M.N.Thompson,Y.Torizuka. 12C(y, p0+1)11B cross section from 44 to 98 MeV. Phys. Rev. C 51, 2611 (1995).
- J. Ryckebush, P.D. Harty, L. Machenil, D. Ryckbosch, M. Vanderhaeghen, M.Waroquier. Meson exchange currents and high-resolution (y, p) reactions. Phys. Rev. C 46, R829 (1992).
- P.D. Harty, J.C. McGeorge, I.J.D. MacGregor, R.O. Owens, J.R.M. Annand, I. Anthony, G.I. Crawford, S.N. Dancer, S.J. Hall, J.D. Kellie, G.J.Miller, B. Schoch, R. Beck, H. Schmieden, J.M. Vogt, J. Ryckebusch. 12C(y, p0+1)11B cross section from 80 to 157 MeV. Phys. Rev. C 51, 1982 (1995).
- G.M. Lotz, H.S. Sherif. Relativistic calculations for photonuclear reactions: (I). The direct knockout mechanism. Nucl. Phys. A 537, 285 (1992).
- J.I. Johansson, H.S. Sherif. Importance of the direct knock-out mechanism in relativistic calculations for (y, p) reactions. Phys. Rev. C 56, 328 (1997).
- A.F. Khodyachikh. Asymmetry of of the angular distributions of products of the A(y, n)(A?2) reaction on 12C and 16O nuclei at energies of at most 150 MeV. Yad. Fiz. 62, 1355 (1999) (in Russian).
- S.N. Afanasyev, E.S. Gorbenko, A.F. Khodyachikh. Research of the mechanism of four-particle photonuclear reaction for carbon nucleus. Yad. Fiz. 70, 873 (2007) (in Russian).
- Yu.M. Arkatov, P.I. Vatset, V.I. Voloshchuk et al. On the complete mechanism of three-particle photofission of 4H. Yad. Fiz. 32, 5 (1980) (in Russian).
- S.N. Afanasyev. Formation of the ground state of 8Be nucleus in the 16O(y, 4a) reaction. Visn. Kharkiv. Univ. 4 (56), 4 (2012) (in Russian).
- A.M. Baldin, V.I. Goldanskii, V.M. Maksimenko, I.L. Rosenthal. Kinematics of Nuclear Reactions (Atomizdat, 1968) (in Russian).
- G.I. Kopylov. Fundamentals of Resonance Kinematics (Nauka, 1970) (in Russian).
- D.R. Tilley, J.H. Kelley, J.L. Godwin, D.J. Millener, J.E. Purcell, C.G. Sheu, H.R. Weller. Energy levels of light nuclei A = 8, 9, 10. Nucl. Phys. A 745, 155 (2004).
- F. Ajzenberg-Selove. Energy levels of light nuclei A = 13?15. Nucl. Phys. A 523, 1 (1991).
- V.V. Balashov, V.N. Fetisov. Role of nucleon clusters in deep photo-disintegration of light nuclei. Nucl. Phys. 27, 337 (1961).
- R.I. Jibuti, T.I. Kopaleishvili, V.I. Mamasakhlisov. Nucleon clusters in light nuclei. Nucl. Phys. 52, 345 (1964).
- M. Cavinato, M. Marangoni, A.M. Saruis. Photoreactions of 12C, 16O and 40Ca in self-consistent RPA theory: (II). Unpolarized (y, p) and (y, n) angular distributions below pion threshold. Nucl. Phys. A 422, 237 (1984).
- A.F. Khodyachikh. Asymmetry of angular distributions in A(y,N)(A ? 1)-type reactions on p-shell nuclei. Vopr. At. Nauki Tekhn. No. 1, 14 (1999).
- V.V. Kirichenko, A.F. Khodyachikh, P.I. Vatset et al. Study of the reactions 12C(y, pa)7Li and 12C(y, na)7Be at Ey max ? 120 MeV. Yad. Fiz. 29, 572 (1979) (in Russian).
- V.N. Maikov. Some photoreactions on light nuclei. Sov. Phys. JETP 34, 973 (1958).
- V.I. Voloshchuk, I.V. Dogyust, V.V. Kirichenko, A.F. Khodyachikh. 12C(y, p)t2a reaction at Ey max ? 150 MeV. Yad. Fiz. 49, 916 (1989) (in Russian).
- I.V. Dogyust, V.A. Zolenko, V.V. Kirichenko. Energy distributions in the 12C(y, p)t2a reaction. Yad. Fiz. 51, 913 (1990) (in Russian).
- V.V. Kirichenko, Yu.M. Arkatov, P.I. Vatset et al. 12C(y, p)11B reaction at Ey max ? 120 MeV. Yad. Fiz. 27, 588 (1978) (in Russian).
- J.L. Matthews, D.J.S. Findlay, S.N. Gardiner, R.O. Owens. High energy photoprotons from light nuclei. Nucl. Phys. A 267, 51 (1976).
- A.F. Khodyachikh, P.I. Vatset, I.V. Dogyust et al. 16O(y, p)15N* reaction at Ey ? 120 MeV. Ukr. Fiz. Zh. 25, 229 (1980) (in Russian).