Total and Differential Cross-Sections of 16O(γ,n)3Heα8Be0 Reaction
The 16O(g,n)3He3a-reaction was investigated with the aid of the diffusion camera placed in the magnetic field and irradiated with a beam of bremsstrahlung g-quanta with an endpoint energy of 150 MeV. In to the curve of excitation of the system of 2a‑particles the resonance, identified as the ground state of the nucleus 8Be, were observed. The partial channels of production of these state (16O(g,n)3Hea8Ве0) were isolated and kinematical parameters of g-quantum and neutron were calculated. The absolute total cross-section of the partial channels in the energy interval from the threshold up to 120 MeV was measured. It has been established that the reaction is of a successive type: at first, the neutron is knocked out, and the residual nucleus 15О is in the excited state. The differential cross sections 16O(g,n)3Hea8Ве0-reaction has been measured and the dependence of the asymmetry coefficient distributions of the g-quantum energy and the excitation energy of the compound nucleus at the first intermediate stage of decomposition. The results are explained by the quantum interaction with a quasideuterons model.
2. K.Mori, P.D.Harty, Y. Fujii, O.Konno, K.Maeda, I.Nomura, G.J.O’Keefe, J.Ryckebusch, T. Suda, T.Terasawa,M.N.Thompson,Y.Torizuka. 12C(y, p0+1)11B cross section from 44 to 98 MeV. Phys. Rev. C 51, 2611 (1995).
3. J. Ryckebush, P.D. Harty, L. Machenil, D. Ryckbosch, M. Vanderhaeghen, M.Waroquier. Meson exchange currents and high-resolution (y, p) reactions. Phys. Rev. C 46, R829 (1992).
4. P.D. Harty, J.C. McGeorge, I.J.D. MacGregor, R.O. Owens, J.R.M. Annand, I. Anthony, G.I. Crawford, S.N. Dancer, S.J. Hall, J.D. Kellie, G.J.Miller, B. Schoch, R. Beck, H. Schmieden, J.M. Vogt, J. Ryckebusch. 12C(y, p0+1)11B cross section from 80 to 157 MeV. Phys. Rev. C 51, 1982 (1995).
5. G.M. Lotz, H.S. Sherif. Relativistic calculations for photonuclear reactions: (I). The direct knockout mechanism. Nucl. Phys. A 537, 285 (1992).
6. J.I. Johansson, H.S. Sherif. Importance of the direct knock-out mechanism in relativistic calculations for (y, p) reactions. Phys. Rev. C 56, 328 (1997).
7. A.F. Khodyachikh. Asymmetry of of the angular distributions of products of the A(y, n)(A−2) reaction on 12C and 16O nuclei at energies of at most 150 MeV. Yad. Fiz. 62, 1355 (1999) (in Russian).
8. S.N. Afanasyev, E.S. Gorbenko, A.F. Khodyachikh. Research of the mechanism of four-particle photonuclear reaction for carbon nucleus. Yad. Fiz. 70, 873 (2007) (in Russian).
9. Yu.M. Arkatov, P.I. Vatset, V.I. Voloshchuk et al. On the complete mechanism of three-particle photofission of 4H. Yad. Fiz. 32, 5 (1980) (in Russian).
10. S.N. Afanasyev. Formation of the ground state of 8Be nucleus in the 16O(y, 4a) reaction. Visn. Kharkiv. Univ. 4 (56), 4 (2012) (in Russian).
11. A.M. Baldin, V.I. Goldanskii, V.M. Maksimenko, I.L. Rosenthal. Kinematics of Nuclear Reactions (Atomizdat, 1968) (in Russian).
12. G.I. Kopylov. Fundamentals of Resonance Kinematics (Nauka, 1970) (in Russian).
13. D.R. Tilley, J.H. Kelley, J.L. Godwin, D.J. Millener, J.E. Purcell, C.G. Sheu, H.R. Weller. Energy levels of light nuclei A = 8, 9, 10. Nucl. Phys. A 745, 155 (2004).
14. F. Ajzenberg-Selove. Energy levels of light nuclei A = 13−15. Nucl. Phys. A 523, 1 (1991).
15. V.V. Balashov, V.N. Fetisov. Role of nucleon clusters in deep photo-disintegration of light nuclei. Nucl. Phys. 27, 337 (1961).
16. R.I. Jibuti, T.I. Kopaleishvili, V.I. Mamasakhlisov. Nucleon clusters in light nuclei. Nucl. Phys. 52, 345 (1964).
17. M. Cavinato, M. Marangoni, A.M. Saruis. Photoreactions of 12C, 16O and 40Ca in self-consistent RPA theory: (II). Unpolarized (y, p) and( y, n) angular distributions below pion threshold. Nucl. Phys. A 422, 237 (1984).
18. A.F. Khodyachikh. Asymmetry of angular distributions in A(y,N)(A − 1)-type reactions on p-shell nuclei. Vopr. At. Nauki Tekhn. No. 1, 14 (1999).
19. V.V. Kirichenko, A.F. Khodyachikh, P.I. Vatset et al. Study of the reactions 12C(y, pa)7Li and 12C(y, na)7Be at Ey max ≤ 120 MeV. Yad. Fiz. 29, 572 (1979) (in Russian).
20. V.N. Maikov. Some photoreactions on light nuclei. Sov. Phys. JETP 34, 973 (1958).
21. V.I. Voloshchuk, I.V. Dogyust, V.V. Kirichenko, A.F. Khodyachikh. 12C(y, p)t2a reaction at Ey max ≤ 150 MeV. Yad. Fiz. 49, 916 (1989) (in Russian).
22. I.V. Dogyust, V.A. Zolenko, V.V. Kirichenko. Energy distributions in the 12C(y, p)t2a reaction. Yad. Fiz. 51, 913 (1990) (in Russian).
23. V.V. Kirichenko, Yu.M. Arkatov, P.I. Vatset et al. 12C(y, p)11B reaction at Ey max ≤ 120 MeV. Yad. Fiz. 27, 588 (1978) (in Russian).
24. J.L. Matthews, D.J.S. Findlay, S.N. Gardiner, R.O. Owens. High energy photoprotons from light nuclei. Nucl. Phys. A 267, 51 (1976).
25. A.F. Khodyachikh, P.I. Vatset, I.V. Dogyust et al. 16O(y, p)15N* reaction at Ey ≤ 120 MeV. Ukr. Fiz. Zh. 25, 229 (1980) (in Russian).
License to Publish the Paper
The corresponding author and the co-authors (hereon referred to as the Author(s)) of the paper being submitted to the Ukrainian Journal of Physics (hereon referred to as the Paper) from one side and the Bogolyubov Institute for Theoretical Physics, National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, represented by its Director (hereon referred to as the Publisher) from the other side have come to the following Agreement:
1. Subject of the Agreement.
The Author(s) grant(s) the Publisher the free non-exclusive right to use the Paper (of scientific, technical, or any other content) according to the terms and conditions defined by this Agreement.
2. The ways of using the Paper.
2.1. The Author(s) grant(s) the Publisher the right to use the Paper as follows.
2.1.1. To publish the Paper in the Ukrainian Journal of Physics (hereon referred to as the Journal) in original language and translated into English (the copy of the Paper approved by the Author(s) and the Publisher and accepted for publication is a constitutive part of this License Agreement).
2.1.2. To edit, adapt, and correct the Paper by approval of the Author(s).
2.1.3. To translate the Paper in the case when the Paper is written in a language different from that adopted in the Journal.
2.2. If the Author(s) has(ve) an intent to use the Paper in any other way, e.g., to publish the translated version of the Paper (except for the case defined by Section 2.1.3 of this Agreement), to post the full Paper or any its part on the web, to publish the Paper in any other editions, to include the Paper or any its part in other collections, anthologies, encyclopaedias, etc., the Author(s) should get a written permission from the Publisher.
3. License territory.
The Author(s) grant(s) the Publisher the right to use the Paper as regulated by sections 2.1.1–2.1.3 of this Agreement on the territory of Ukraine and to distribute the Paper as indispensable part of the Journal on the territory of Ukraine and other countries by means of subscription, sales, and free transfer to a third party.
4.1. This Agreement is valid starting from the date of signature and acts for the entire period of the existence of the Journal.
5.1. The Author(s) warrant(s) the Publisher that:
– he/she is the true author (co-author) of the Paper;
– copyright on the Paper was not transferred to any other party;
– the Paper has never been published before and will not be published in any other media before it is published by the Publisher (see also section 2.2);
– the Author(s) do(es) not violate any intellectual property right of other parties. If the Paper includes some materials of other parties, except for citations whose length is regulated by the scientific, informational, or critical character of the Paper, the use of such materials is in compliance with the regulations of the international law and the law of Ukraine.
6. Requisites and signatures of the Parties.
Publisher: Bogolyubov Institute for Theoretical Physics, National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine.
Address: Ukraine, Kyiv, Metrolohichna Str. 14-b.
Author: Electronic signature on behalf and with endorsement of all co-authors.