Scattering of Ginzburg–Frank and Cherenkov Types Under Self-Focusing of Nanosecond Laser Pulses in Liquids
We study the dynamics of nonlinear optical processes such as self-focusing, self-phase modulation, and stimulated Raman scattering in Kerr-liquids under the nanosecond laser pulse excitation. The results prove the existence of the transition Ginzburg–Frank-type effect, which promotes the appearance of new spectral components of the laser radiation at the medium boundary. The generation of extended anti-Stokes frequency-angular bands of stimulated Raman scattering is explained. When the velocity of a self-focusing focal spot matches the phase velocity of the non-linear polarization at the anti-Stokes Raman frequency and the phase velocity of the scattered axial radiation, the most intense frequency-angular bands appear. They are described by the equations typical of the Cherenkov radiation.
- Y.R. Shen. The Principles of Nonlinear Optics (Wiley-interscience, 2003).
- A. Ivanisik, P. Korotkov, G. Ponezha. Temporal dynamics of focal point location under self-focusing of nanosecond laser pulses. Ukr. J. Phys. Opt. 15, 1 (2014).
- A.I. Ivanisik, V.I. Malyi, G.V. Ponezha.The spatial-angular structure of the anti-Stokes emission under the stimulated Raman scattering of light in a Kerr fluid. Optika i Spektroskopiya 80, 212 (1996).
- A.I. Ivanisik, V.I. Malyi, G.V. Ponezha. Cherenkov-type radiation under conditions of Raman light scattering in self-focusing liquids. Optics and Spectroscopy 82, 410 (1997).
- A.I. Ivanisik, V.I. Malyi, G.V. Ponezha. On the influence of a self-focusing on the angular spectra of SRS. Opitka i Spektroskopiya 85, 88 (1998);
- A.I. Ivanisik, V.I. Malyi, G.V. Ponezha. The spectral-angular manifestations of a competition of the Raman and parametric processes under SRS in self-focusing media. Opitka i Spektroskopiya 85, 512 (1998);
- A.I. Ivanisik, G.V. Ponezha. Spectrum of anti-Stokes stimulated Raman scattering from the moving focal regions of self-focusing. Optika i Spektroskopiya 90, 699 (2001); Optics and Spectroscopy 90, 625 (2001).
- S.O. Dudka, A.I. Ivanisik, A.V. Konopatskiy, P.A. Korotkov. Transition effect at the medium vacuum interface under the self-phase modulation of a light pulse. Ukr. J. Phys. 51, 140 (2006).
- A.I. Ivanisik, O.Iu. Isaienko, P.A. Korotkov, G.V. Ponezha. Phase modulated parametric anti-Stokes stimulated Raman scattering of Cherenkov-type in self-focusing areas of exciting radiation. Ukr. J. Phys. 57, 1000 (2012).
- I.M. Frank. Vavilov-Cherenkov Radiation:Theoretical Aspects (Nauka, 1988).
Optics and Spectroscopy 85, 78 (1998).
Optics and Spectroscopy 85, 469 (1998).
Optics and Spectroscopy 90, 625 (2001).