Spectral Particularities of Femtosecond Optical Pulses Propagating in Dispersive Medium
We have proposed a refined solution of the wave equation for a dispersive medium without restriction on the duration of an optical pulse. We apply a series of elementary wave packages (EWP) to the representation of superwideband signals (fs pulse). We investigate peculiarities of the propagation of waves with low and high frequencies through the one-resonance medium. We show the existence of a “precursor” for fs optical pulses. We propose a formula for the optical signal velocity (OSV). Its value does not exceed the light velocity in vacuum. We have designed a method of adaptation of EWP-pulses to time-domain spectroscopy.
- M. Born, E. Wolf. Principles of Optics (Cambridge Univ. Press, 2003).
- L.D. Landau, E.M. Lifshitz. Electromagnetics of Continuous Media (Elsevier–Butterworth–Heinemann, 2004).
- M.B. Vinogradova, O.V. Rudenko, A.P. Sukhorukov. The Theory of Waves (Nauka, 1990) (in Russian).
- S.A. Akhmanov, V. A. Vysloukh, A.S. Chirkin. Optics of Femtosecond Laser Pulses (American Institute of Physics, 1992).
- Z. Chang, P.Corcum. Attosecond photon sources: The first decade and beyond. JOSA B 27, B9 (2010).
- V.S. Ovechko. Femtosecond optics – optics of the elementary waves packets. JOSA B 29, B799 (2012).
- G. Arfken, H. Weber, E. Harris. Mathematical Methods for Physicists (Elsevier Academic Press, 2005).
- L. Brillouin. Wave Propagation and Group Velocity (Academic Press, 1960).
- P.W. Milonni. Fast Light, Slow Light and Left-Handed Light (CRC Press, 2004).
- S.H. Chin. Governing the Speed of a Light Signal in Optical Fibers: Brillouin Slow and Fast Light. Thesis. No. 4459, EPFL (2009).
- M.D. Stenner, D.I. Gauthier, M.A. Neifeld. The speed of information in a "fast light" optical medium. Nature 425 (6959), 695 (2003).
- N. Brunner, V. Scarani, M.Wegmuller, M. Legre, N. Gisin. Direct measurement of superluminal group velocity and signal velocity in an optical fiber. Phys. Rev. Lett. 93 (20), (2004).
- V. Ovechko. Femtosecond optical pulse propagation through the single resonance Lorentz model dielectric. Int. J. ARPS 4 (1), 28 (2017).
- V.S. Ovechko, V.P. Myhashko, S.O. Motovilovetz. Elementary wave packets decomposition – new spectroscopy technique, in Book of Abstracts of the XXII Galina Puchkovska International School Seminar on Spectroscopy of Molecules and Crystals, Chynandiyovo, Ukraine, September 27 – October 4, 2015, p. 280.
- V.S. Ovechko, V.P. Myhashko, A.A. Kornienko. Slowly varying amplitude approximation in optics, in Proceeding of the XI International Conference "Electronics and Applied Physics", Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv, Ukraine, October 21–24, 2015, p. 20.