Analysis of Correlation between Density Variations and Defect Structure of W6+ : LiTaO3
We investigate the defect structure of non-stoichiometric solid solutions of WO3-doped LiTaO3 in correlation with the evolution of the density within our theoretical approach. The dopant concentration and the mechanism of substitution, which depends of the ionic rays of different cations that exit into the network, have an effect on crystalline parameters and, consequently, on the density. In order to explain the defect structure of solid solutions synthesized in the ternary system Li2O–Ta2O5–(WO3)2 in a vicinity of LiTaO3,, we have shown a convergence between theoretical and experimental results by the application of our theoretical approach combined with the new proposed vacancy models. We conclude that the new vacancy models are able to describe the defect structure and the substitution mechanism in each solid solutions of WO3-doped lithium tantalate.
- M.E. Lines, A.M. Glass. Principles and Application of Ferroelectrics and Related Materials (Clarendon Press, 1977).
- W. Gryk, C. Dujardin, M.F. Joubert, W. Ryba-Romanowski, M. Malinowski, M. Grinberg. Pressure effect on luminescence dynamics in Pr3+-doped LiNbO3 and LiTaO3 crystals. J. Phys.: Condens. Matter 18, 117 (2006).
- M. Tahiri, N. Masaif, A. Jennane, E.M. Lotfi. Study of electrical conductivity in WO3-doped nonstoichiometric LiTaO3. Ukr. J. Phys. 57 (8), 834 (2012).
- M. Tahiri, N. Masaif, A. Jennane. Theoretical study of spontaneous polarization behavior and density behavior of Ni-doped LiMO3 (M–Nb or Ta). Ferroelectrics 481, 189 (2015).
- Weng Wen-Le, Liu You-Wen, Zhang Xiao-Qi. Temperature-dependent Sellmeier equation for 1.0 mol% Mg-doped stoi-chiometric lithium tantalate. Chin. Phys. Lett. 25 (12), 4303 (2008).
- E.M. Lotfi. Th`ese d'?etat, FSR (Univ. Med V, Rabat, Morocco, 2007).
- R.D. Shannon, C. T. Prewitt. Effective ionic radii in oxides and fluorides. Acta. Cryst. B 25, 925 (1969).